Recently about 40 Coretek employees, their friends, and family members, got together to help a family in need. The family’s home had fallen into disrepair; serious health issues prevented them from being able to keep up with much-needed repairs and yard work.
We assembled on a Saturday morning with our tools, work gloves, and supplies, to help out. Braving the heat, humidity, and bugs, we helped to transform the place. Some of the major jobs we were able to tackled:
– Installed a new back door for the house
– Cleared overgrown weeds, trees and grass
– Tilled the garden
– Painted the house and garage
– Power washed the vinyl siding
– Pruned several tree branches
– Dispose of refuse, like old shingles and garbage cans
– Spruced up flowerbeds with new mulch (lots of mulch!) and edging
…and other work items are still to come…
They say nothing worth doing is easy. This project wasn’t easy, but it helped some folks that really needed it, and lifted the spirits of everyone involved. I think we were all proud about what was accomplished; I know I am.