Symantec Backup Exec™ 2010 delivers market leading backup and recovery protection from server to desktop. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage costs and improve backup performance through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime with unmatched technology that recovers critical Microsoft applications and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments in seconds. Meet your recovery point objectives with continuous data protection to ensure reliable recovery of an entire application and efficiently restore a granular email or individual file/folder.
Symantec Backup Exec also delivers centralized management to easily extend your backup infrastructure across a distributed environment and remote offices so your server and desktop data protection is easily managed from a central office as your business grows. Efficiently manage both Windows and non-Windows systems through a single console including UNIX, Linux, MAC, and NetWare, including remote media server support for Linux servers. Overall, Backup Exec 2010 is designed to readily optimize any Windows data protection strategy – helping you protect more data while utilizing less storage – overall saving you time and money.
Delivers market-leading Windows data protection with
more than 1.5 million customers globally
• Reduce storage costs while optimizing network utilization through integrated deduplication and archiving technology.
• First-to-market granular recovery for Exchange, SQL and Active Directory environments running in a VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
• Microsoft certified backup and recovery for the latest Windows environment, including Windows 2008 R2, Exchange 2010 SP1, and Windows 7.
• Comprehensive disk and tape storage for the latest physical and virtual server systems though one console including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual systems.
• Reduce storage requirements and recovery times with patent-pending granular data recovery of leading Microsoft applications, including Exchange, SharePoint and Active Directory.
• Protect non-Windows servers and maximize performance of supported NDMP filers and SAN environments through scalable remote agents and options.
• Easily update and manage a growing Backup Exec infrastructure throughout a Windows datacenter, distributed throughout the network or at remote offices from one console.
• Eliminate the backup window and ensure recovery point objectives are easily met for Exchange, File Servers and desktop data with Continuous Data Protection.
Comprehensive Backup and Recovery
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 offers a comprehensive backup and recovery solution in one product suite, which reduces the complexity of protecting your company’s most valuable asset—its data. Whether that data resides on a Windows file server; on a desktop; virtual server; or on a critical application server like Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 provides full protection and recovery for both data and systems. Designed to meet the growing needs of today’s businesses, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers comprehensive disk or tape data protection and recovery for Windows environments. Backup Exec provides integrated deduplication and archiving, plus, continuous data protection—eliminating backup windows altogether, speeding up data recovery, and enabling end users to recover their own files without IT intervention. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 also delivers patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology allowing businesses to recover data in seconds, including business-critical information such as individual email messages, folders, and documents, from a single backup. An optional centralized administration console provides scalable management of distributed backup servers. New infrastructure management is also available for simplified inventory, deployment and upgrades of Backup Exec licenses and software patches though a single console.
Overall, sophisticated database and groupware agents and storage options easily expand data protection to protect to critical applications and provide added flexibility for virtually any storage environments.
New Product Highlights
• NEW integrated deduplication option (using Symantec NetBackup PureDisk technology) reduces backup times and storage costs.
• NEW unified archiving (powered by Symantec Enterprise Vault) efficiently consolidates growing Exchange and File server data volumes and automates efficient data lifecycle management practices.
• NEW virtual server application support including with first-to-market Exchange, SQL and Active Directory backup and recovery for virtual environments and enhanced VMware vSphere 4.1 and Microsoft Hyper-V R2.
• Windows 7, Exchange 2010 SP1, SharePoint 2010, SQL 2008 R2, MAC OSX 10.6 and Windows Server 2008 R2 support provides comprehensive protection for the latest Windows and MAC environments.
• Enhanced Agent for Enterprise Vault automates backup and recovery of both Enterprise Vault 8 and 9 with theability to easily recover an Enterprise Vault site or individual indexes.
• NEW Lotus Domino 8.5.x support with simplified backup and recovery of the Domino Attachment and Object Service (DAOS) store and associated NLO files.
• Enhanced Virtual Tape Library (VTL) support and licensing, easily protect a VTL storage environment as a unique device and view valid VTL functions with new licensing per VTL environment.
• Enhanced installation and backup wizards reduce the time and complexity of setting up your backup environment.
• NEW Backup recommendation tool identifies potential gaps in your Windows backup strategy and provides recommendations on the agent(s) required to ensure complete data protection.
Proven and Reliable
Symantec Backup Exec is based on over two decades of proven, Microsoft certified engineering. The innovative architecture fully incorporates Microsoft design standards, helping to ensure 100 percent compatibility with the latest Microsoft Windows Server. Backup Exec also provides added security with flexible 128-bit or 265-bit AES encryption across the network or off to storage devices so critical data is secure whether in transit or at rest. Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers an easy to mange interface and calendar view to quickly track and monitor backup and recovery jobs. In addition, Backup Exec simplifies installation and backups with its Pre-Install Environment Checker, which highlights any potential issues before the software is installed. With its Job Test Run, Symantec Backup Exec 2010 will identify potential problems that cause job failures, and then notify the administrator so that corrective action can be taken. Realize further benefits with automatic discovery of new resources, which enables administrators to create a job for detecting new, unprotected resources that are at risk and in need of backup. All of these tools reduce the time and resources needed to install and run Backup Exec, while improving overall backup performance.
No matter the size of your company, a service interruption can mean significant loss to your business. Symantec recommends Essential Support Services as the service level of protection for most businesses.
• Reassurance of knowing your Backup Exec products are up to date with the latest updates and version releases
• Cost savings that come with selecting a value-priced service plan
• 24×7 expert problem resolutions through Symantec’s global support and delivery team
Available Products, Agents and Options
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 provides scalable easy-to manage backup and recovery protection for Windows based environments. Symantec Backup Exec agents and options easily expand any Backup Exec environment to support critical applications, databases, and storage configurations:
• Symantec Backup Exec 2010
• Symantec Backup Exec 2010 for Windows Small Business Server (view Small Business Server data sheet)
Symantec Backup Exec Suites
• NEW Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Deduplication Suite
• NEW Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Deduplication and Archiving Suite
• NEW Symantec Backup Exec 2010 VMware Suite
• NEW Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Hyper-V Suite
Symantec Backup Exec Agents
• Enhanced Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructures
• Enhanced Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V
• Enhanced Agent for Enterprise Vault™
• Enhanced Agent for Lotus Domino Server
• Enhanced Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
• Agent for Active Directory
• Agent for DB2 on Windows Servers
• Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
• Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
• Agent for Oracle on Windows and Linux Servers
• Agent for SAP Applications
• Agent for Windows Systems
• Remote Agent for Linux or UNIX Servers
• Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers
• Remote Agent for Macintosh Servers
• Remote Agent for NetWare Servers
Symantec Backup Exec Options
• NEW Deduplication Option
• NEW Exchange Mailbox Archiving Option
• NEW File System Archiving Option
• NEW Virtual Tape Library Unlimited Drive Option
• Advanced Disk-Based Backup Option
• Central Admin Server Option
• Desktop and Laptop Option
• Library Expansion Option
• NDMP Option
• SAN Shared Storage Option
• Open File for Netware Option
Coretek Services is a Michigan based Systems Integration and IT consulting company that works with virtualization infrastructure, and is also a Symantec Gold Partner specializing in Symantec Enterprise Vault (SEV), Symantec Backup Exec (SBE), and Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP). Please contact us today for any virtualization requirements, or Symantec Product requirements.