Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 will be Microsoft’s second release of an IT systems management product specifically designed for the midsized business. Based heavily on customer feedback, Essentials 2010 will offer integration of physical and virtual server management and monitoring into one product and one console. Essentials 2010:
- Provide a unified solution with a single console for managing a broad range of tasks across your servers (virtual and physical), clients, hardware, software and IT services for a unified experience.
- Enables you to proactively manage your IT environment, helping keep your system up-to-date with a solution that accelerates problem resolution and enables automation of system updates and data collection.
- Is easier to deploy and maintain helping simplify complex management tasks for increased IT efficiency.
The following screen shows the Essentials 2010 console.
New Investments for Essentials 2010
- Integration of virtualization management, including live migration
- Automated computer grouping
- Server management limit increased to 50
- Automated management of updates and installation deadlines
- Improved software distribution targeting
- Dynamic importation of monitoring management packs
- Quick provisioning of new virtual machines
- Easy server conversions from physical to virtual
- Intelligent placement of virtual workloads